Built by the Noakes family in 1952 as a family home, the Manor features a classic Cape Dutch gable. Transformed into a boutique hotel in 1995, the spa wellness centre was added in 1996. Known as the Zwaanswyk area, this part of the Constantia Valley has become a haven for lovers of nature and stillness.
The Steenberg Estate, originally known as the Zwaanswyk, was granted to Catherina Ustings in 1688 and was one of the first farms in the Western Cape. Its Cape Dutch homestead was erected in about 1740, and its verandah and outbuildings were added at the beginning of the 19th century. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 7 October 1983.